Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

Urban Decay Vice 2 palette review & swatches


Hey beauty lovers,

 So here’s my attempt at a review and honest opinion on the limited edition Vice 2 palette by Urban Decay.



Firstly I love the packaging! The pallets case is a strong plastic with a mixed purple marbled finish to it and it has a button you press which automatically opens it up! It has a very large mirror (spans the entire inner lid of the palette) which makes this pallet great to travel with because you could use that mirror easily to do your entire face of makeup.

palette without flash

palette with flash

The palette also comes with a dual ended brush, both ends are quite dense and firm but aren't very fluffy, the smaller end seems like it would work really well to pack on colour to the outer V and then blend but I don’t think I will use the other side of the brush as my Sigma E40 will do a much better job with blending.


Colors:

Contains 20 beautiful, highly pigmented shades. You receive 0.8 grams of each shadow which comes to 16g of eyeshadow all up.

My favourites: Shellshock, Strike, Damaged, Voodoo, Toxic, Ambush and Rewind

Explanation: I am a sucker for metallic bold shades! 

-Shellshock is the perfect all over lid colour for a silver smokey eye look. 

-Strike is my absolute favourite from this palette, I love metallic gold and this shade looks amazing as an all over lid colour for a party/smokey look!

-Damaged is a beautiful, easily blended jeweled tone forest green, perfect for a Christmassy look. 

-Voodoo for me is such a unique colour and the dusky purple will be the perfect addition to create a party smokey eye with a pop of colour. 

-Toxic is the perfect rose gold colour in my opinion and would look amazing as a crease colour! 

-Ambush is one of the most pigmented shades in the palette and is the perfect golden-brown shade when packed into the crease or outer V and turns into such a pretty rosy copper colour when blended out. 

-Finally Rewind is the only dark matte transition shade in the palette but it is a great one and for my skin one it works amazingly.

Least favourites: Lovesick and X-rated 


Explanation: I more so don’t love that there is 2 black shades that are so similar, would have loved to see a burgundy jeweled tone shade instead of Lovesick and as far as X-rated goes I’ve never really used a light pink when creating a look for my eyes, I don’t think the colour really suits me but I will try to use it in some way.

I’m not very experienced in blogging about shades and palettes so I am going to keep it simple and leave the rest up to you! If you would like a very in depth review on the Vice 2 palette visit temptalia.com

Here’s all of my swatches first with the flash and then without, enjoy!

Smokeout, Lovesick, Shellshock, Coax & X-Rated

 Prank, Madness, Strike, Stash & Poison

 Radar, Damaged, Voodoo, Betrayal & Derailed 

Dope, Toxic, Habit, Ambush & Rewind


Thanks so much for reading,

<3 AshleyLauraBeauty


Would love for you to follow me on Instagram: ASHLEYLAURABEAUTY

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com | Distributed by Deluxe Templates