Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2013

September Bellabox 2013

Hey guys, sorry it’s been a while since I’ve posted, been caught up with work and also watching way too many beauty videos on YouTube! I bet we’re all guilty of that!

Well here’s my review and my first impressions on the September Bellabox…




So this month’s box was pretty damn amazing! Bellabox teamed up with Cleo magazine to bring us a Spring Party Essentials box, filled with goodies to prep you for the spring racing carnival events, 6 out of the 7 products are full size, which is something you definitely don’t see every month. However I will say that most of the products are supermarket brands that you can get from Kmart, Woolworths, Coles, etc, and everything except the eye pencil can be purchased at Priceline.
Bellabox also included the Cleo magazine as a bonus item so I was very happy with that!
Here’s the product info card just in case you want a closer look.



Montagne Jeunesse Blemish Mud Mask with Aloe Vera & Willow – sample sachet 5g:
So this is basically a one use mud mask, I do look forward to trying this mask out as I tried one of their peel off masks that came in a previous Bellabox and I didn’t really like it, when it peeled off it was so stuck to my skin it actually hurt to take off so I’m hoping that their regular mud masks are a bit better! The full size it 10g and its RRP is $3.99



Elegant Touch Envy Wraps – full size pack with 18 nail wraps:
I have so many of these nail wraps from beauty box subscriptions, I really need to try one of them out! I just always run out of time to do my nails before going out and I can’t really wear nail polish to work so I find it hard to use products like these, but I do quite like the design and I didn’t notice at first but they have a nice shimmer to them when the sunlight hits them. I’m assuming they put 18 wraps in the pack because people have different shaped fingernails so they have a large variation of sizes to suit everyone and if you have tiny fingernails like I do then you can probably cut one of them in half and use it for 2 nails! It will be interesting to know how long these last, if you’ve used them before please let me know, I’d love to hear how you went. RRP $8.99




Schick Hydro Silk Razor – full size…1 razor with 1 cartridge attached:
I’m actually really happy we got this in the box because I’m in love with the Venus Embrace razors but they are so so so expensive and rarely ever go on sale, anywhere! So this could be my alternative if it meets my expectations. It has a “hydrating water-activated moisturizing serum” basically a fancy name for soap that comes out of the razor as you use it, not too sure how long this will last for though, the soap on razors usually runs out after a couple uses. Bellabox also included a 25% off voucher for Schick’s Hydro Silk refill cartridges which might come in handy if I decide to continue to use this razor. RRP $9.99



Manicare Glam Kelly Lashes – full size 1 pair:
These are pretty, fairly simple looking, I guess they would look nice and natural if you were going out but didn’t want crazy party lashes. I have pretty decent eyelashes so I don’t really wear falsies unless It’s for a dance concert or something but I will try to make an effort to use these to give you guys some feedback on this brand. I usually buy all my falsies from EBay for a couple dollars each, I like the Red Cherry lashes and the Ardell ones (usually these don’t come with a glue so I just buy a whole 7-10g tube of glue off EBay and that lasts forever, Duo or Ardell are the best ones). If you want any info on the sellers I regularly buy from on EBay ask away and I’ll let you know. RRP $11.95


                             
Footcare Gel Ball of Foot Cushions – Full size, 2 pairs:
Pretty happy with these being in the box, I will definitely get use out of them and I’m even more excited that there’s 2 pairs in the one pack! I have a pair of heels that I love that are a bit too big and my feet keep sliding forward which makes it super painful for my toes so I’m interested to see if this fixes my problem. I’ll do a review on these once I’ve tested them out. RRP $8.99



Garnier Ambre Solaire Natural Bronzer Spray – Full size 150ml:
This is an exciting product they have put in their box, especially considering the sun hasn’t been out enough in Melbourne to get a decent tan and yet again another full size product which is amazing!! Apparently you don’t have to rub in this tan you just spray and go and It’s supposed to be streak-free so that’s pretty cool if it works well enough. They have given me the light shade so I think that will work for me, I’ll just have to test it out and see how it goes! RRP: $14.95



ASPA Pure Minerals Eye Pencil – Full size makeup item:
So I was pretty excited to see this eye pencil, I’ve never really tried products from ASAP before, however I found it to be quite dry and not creamy at all when I swatched it and it was more of a dark brown / charcoal colour than black. Don’t think I’ll get much use of this product. RRP $20.00


 with flash
Without flash

All in all Bellabox has done an amazing job putting together the September box, I will use almost everything in it and with all of those full size products it’s great value for money.

On Friday the 20th of September it was Bright Pink Lipstick Day, a day dedicated to raising awareness for “women to be proactive and vigilant with their breast and ovarian health” the charity behind this day is Pink Hope. If you are after any further information on this charity click here.

On the 20th I wore Countessa Flourescent by  Lime Crime, love this lipstick!! Super opaque and gorgeous colour!




Well I hope you all enjoyed this blog post and hopefully I have helped with your decision to subscribe to Bellabox or not if that why you were reading this post. Let me know what you think and if you will continue to read my beauty blog. Also if you have any suggestions about beauty products you want me to test out or blog posts you would like to see just let me know and I’ll see what I can do J

Thanks so much for getting this far and for reading my blog!

<3 AshleyLauraBeauty 

Please follow me on Instagram: ASHLEYLAURABEAUTY 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I always wonder what comes in those subscriptions. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading! and your welcome :) sorry for the late reply, my comments haven't been working until now :)

      Delete

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com | Distributed by Deluxe Templates